BLOGS

THE LATEST ADVENTURE IS....

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

There Are Signs

There are finally signs that winter is coming. The biggest of which was our first snow flurries that appeared yesterday - yes I said our FIRST, snow has come late for us here. Yesterdays snow fall lasted 10 minutes, but last night we got a real "dusting". The dusting was so little that by 10am the snow had melted so I didn't even get a picture.


But there are other signs - like the Geese!! Yesterday, I went outside to get something from the garage and I heard this loud honking noise. I knew it was geese but it literally sounded like there should have been geese in my back yard, they were so loud. Then I looked up and the sky was FULL of geese, all flying south for the winter. It was so beautiful to see them flying in their V shapes and talking to eachother. This is one of the things I will really miss about living in New York. I love seeing Mother Nature at work.



And this is Miss Tess in her new hat and gloves. She saw her brothers and sister getting all geared up for their cold walk to school and she didn't want to be left out of the fun. So I finally let her put on her hat and gloves, and she was happy. She left them on for over 3 hours. She is so excited about the snow and Christmas coming soon. Its so cute that she is finally understanding all the fun holiday activites.

2 comments:

Jenna said...

Tess is looking so grown up, this will be a very fun Christmas...it's so fun when they really start to get it all. We miss you guys so much and wish we could see you this winter.

Adriann said...

Brrrrr.