BLOGS

THE LATEST ADVENTURE IS....

Monday, December 28, 2009

It's Wonderful

It's wonderful having Ron home.  He has two weeks off for the Holidays and it is pure HEAVEN!!  He still works on the house during the day, but has breakfast with us in the morning and stops working after dinner.  I have changed since this last deployment, I've gotten: harder, meaner, less patient, and over all grumpy.  Even when he came home it didn't go away, and now I know why.  I needed him HOME with me.  Having him in the house with us, and getting to spend time with him EVERYDAY makes a world of difference for me.  I am feeling calmer, happier, content, and much more patient.  Of course the patience thing might come from the fact that he is disciplining the kids more and I am letting him!!  When people say that you shouldn't need anyone or anything to make yourself complete, I say thats CRAP!!   I am proud to say I NEED my husband to help me feel whole, complete.  So even though he is still busy, I am in heaven just getting to see his face all day long!

3 comments:

Erin said...

I feel the same way about my husband. Although he is only gone a few days at a time. I really love to read your blog, it makes me feel like I am not the only mean one sometimes. Thanks! Merry Christmas. Your cousin, Erin

Unknown said...

That is WONDERFUL! I'm so glad he has the chance to have two weeks off and you all get to enjoy having him around.

I agree, life isn't the same when they are gone...not that I know what that feels like to the same degree as you do, but when Andy was gone essentially for six months straight and had very little left to give when he was home, it was so hard...I'll never forget those periods during his schooling and training. The only thing that kept me going was my kiddos, I will always be so grateful that I had them to keep me busy and happy in other ways. I will say, those tough times have helped me to appreciate our life NOW. Having him home so much more is even sweeter because we know what the opposite felt like. There truly is wisdom and growth that occurs because there is "opposition in all things".

Sorry for my long comment...we just talked a lot about this in our lesson on Sunday, so it's still fresh on my mind. Miss you all!
-jenna

Pattersons said...

amen! i feel the same way about mason...and i don't care what other people say about it, it's true. i like having him around and the kids like having him around...isn't that how it's supposed to be?:) glad you're enjoying the time together, what a blessing!