BLOGS

THE LATEST ADVENTURE IS....

Sunday, December 20, 2009

Decorating the tree

We've started a new tradition at our house. We wait to buy and decorate our Christmas tree until after Tess' birthday on the 11th. I think this will help her feel special on her birthday and seperate the two special events. So on December 12th, up went the Christmas tree, and we had a fun night decorating. Another tradition is that I read the Symbols of Christmas story and we place ornaments on the tree that are the symbols of Christmas. These are the first ornaments on the tree. And then we let loose and have fun!

Zach is our resident character, and he had to pretend to be Santa.  He is so crazy and fun!






5 comments:

Pattersons said...

i like that idea of christmas symbols going on first then all others...i may just have to adopt that one!:) got your letter in the mail last week, so good to hear from you and love the pic. of your beautiful family! merry christmas crowthers:)

Jenna said...

We also wait until after a particular girl around here has her birthday...and let's face it, I never mind having a few extra days!

Okay...is it just me or does any other Mom out there have to use Lamaze breathing techniques as the tree gets decorated? I just have to keep telling myself "this is all about the memories...it doesn't matter that our tree looks like we were all blindfolded while decorating it".

I hope I'm not the only one.

Yours is lovely! Merry Christmas!

Donetta said...

The tree looks great. Good ideas

Sara is crazy four my boys said...

We always wait until after my B-day (the 13th), my parents did that growing up and we have just carried on the tradition. We usually take in down around New Years. One year we did it right after thanksgiving because Shane wasn't going to be home for Christmas...I couldn't wait to get the thing out of my house come Christmas day!

Adriann said...

That's a great idea. I love your tree, it reminds me a little of Dr. Seuss, and why I love real Christmas trees. It looks like it kind of has a curve to it, don't you think? Or maybe its just the angle the pics were taken at. You guys did a great job decorating it.