BLOGS

THE LATEST ADVENTURE IS....

Friday, November 20, 2009

GRUMPY

Today I am grumpy. I'm grumpy because I woke up at 6:30 to a crying 3 year old. I'm grumpy that after sleeping for 1 hour last night I was awake until 2 am. I'm grumpy at kids who can't seem to remember to flush the toilet or pick their underwear off the floor! I'm grumpy at kids who forget to feed their pets. I'm grumpy at kids who waste an entire bowl of cereal. I'm grumpy at teachers who only give me 2 days notice on projects. I'm grumpy at teachers who feel the need to call me repeatedly to tell me all of my daughters character flaws- like I didn't already know!! I'm grumpy with my tiny house that has no room for anything!! I'm grumpy at stupid computers that don't work right and their continuous updates and anti-virus junk ( I need a Mac). I'm grumpy at people who complain about me behind my back, but aren't willing to help me do the things they're complaining about - put up or shut up people!! I'm grumpy that I don't have time to do anything that I WANT to do. I'm grumpy that my son isn't getting his Faith in God because his mother is a flake and hasn't done anything to help him earn it. I'm grumpy at people who already have their Christmas shopping done - I've barely started!! I'm grumpy at my almost 3 year old for having NO interest in using the toilet!! I'm grumpy that I don't have anyone to vent to about being grumpy!!! So today, I am grumpy. And if any of you tell me to count my blessings I will be grumpy about that too!!!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would NEVER tell you to count your blessings Grace. That makes me grumpy too. It's like you want to say, "Come on, I know we're supposed to be perfect and all but can't I just be grumpy for one stinking minute!" *sigh* I am feeling a little grumpy right now too, can u tell? Venters unite!

Shay said...

I hate when I feel like this and then I hear"oh, we have days when we are feeling sorry for ourselves". I cannot stand that. You are totally entilted to feel the way you want to about all of that stuff. Grace, take a minute for yourself and make a list. That always works for me. Decide what is the most important goal and go from there. Just step back for a moment. You are such a great/strong woman.

Adriann said...

Shall I just start calling you Grumpy Pants then?

Okie Bloxhams said...

we all have our days and those are definitely things to be grumpy about!! i would let you vent to me anytime.

Kristi said...

I saw your post earlier but didn't get around to reading it until tonight. I wish I had read it earlier! I was feeling so alone with my problems and emotions, and all the way on the other side of the States, my friend is dealing with many of the same things! I love that you are so honest. I'm sorry life seriously sucks sometimes. Adriann's comment made me laugh. I hope Saturday (and life in general) looks better for you!

Sara is crazy four my boys said...

You can be as grumpy as you want, Grace. If it helps Noah has a teacher that loves to comment on his "character flaws" all the time too, but I get emails or written notes instead! I've has several grumpy rantings over this! Yes, you need a Mac we have 2, love them, you would definitely be less grumpy if you had one-LOL! Vent anytime you want sister, I am all ears-miss you!

Mel Sims said...

Sometimes life just seems so overwhelming! I relate to SO many of the things you said!! (Especially the "Faith in God" thing! I'm such a flake about that stuff. I hope that makes you feel better!!)

You are loved, grumpy or not! =]