BLOGS

THE LATEST ADVENTURE IS....

Sunday, November 1, 2009

All Hallows Eve

Halloween day was rainy and windy, it was actually quite miserable. The kids prayed all day long that it would stop raining in time for trick or treating. Their prayers were answered and the rain stopped around 4. Ron thought it was funny that the kids were praying that they could celebrate a pagan holiday - but who cares - they had fun!!a> The kids kept changing their minds about what they wanted to be for Halloween. They basically ended up making their costumes from our dress-up collection, which suited me just fine. Tess was the only one wearing a hand-me-down costume. Emma was Belle when she was 3 too, and shockingly the dress was still in great condition. She couldn't wear the shoes that matched because it was too darn cold and there were too many puddles still. We basically put her dress on top of her clothes and added her cute Belle jacket, and she was ready to go! Tyson is a soldier (of course), Zach is a Ranger from his favorite series Rangers Apprentice and Emma is a cowgirl.

Can you tell how windy it was? It was crazy!!

We told the kids to keep Tess in the front of the pack because she was so darn cute that everyone would love her and they would give them extra candy. It worked too!!


I know this pic is a little blurry but I wanted to show how blustery of a night it was. I love that word - blustery - thanks Pooh!

Headed home. Tess' bucket got pretty heavy but she wouldn't let us help carry it. So Ron and I kept taking handfuls of candy out of her bucket and started shoving them into our pockets. She didn't seem to care about that, as long as she had her bucket.
I wanted to get a video of Tess saying Trick or Treat and thankyou. She was so cute about it, and I love her little voice. I ran home in front of everybody so they could knock on our door last and I could get this video of Tess.

1 comment:

Okie Bloxhams said...

what a sweet video! she's a doll! they all look great! we had a nice collection of costumes/dress up clothes growing up with 6 siblings, and my 3 older bros would go out then come back home and change costumes and go out again. lol