BLOGS

THE LATEST ADVENTURE IS....

Thursday, November 12, 2009

State Fair

One of my very favorite things in the whole wide world is going to the County or State Fair. I love them, I love them, I love them!! We had the New York State Fair here in Syracuse in September. It was the perfect thing to end our summer with. The kids had fun seeing all the animals and they loved riding the rides!!

Who doesn't love an adorable, clean baby calf!!

Tess loved every single animal!

These beautiful gray cows were enormous!! And I loved their beautiful color.

I made the boys take a picture in the bunny face too, but I kindly decided not to post those.



Talk about a double chin!! :-)

I really think these Chinese chickens were naturally these crazy colors. I couldn't believe it!! If I'm wrong, someone tell me, but I'm gullible enough to believe that God made them that way - why not?



They had an incubator where chicks were hatching and it was mesmerizing!! I could have stared at them for hours. I just kept routing for those poor little chicks to break out of their shells!

They had a few chicks that they let the kids hold. I'm a little concerned that the chicks never recovered, especially this little guy.







Tess was willing to ride anything that she was tall enough for. The other kids were not as fearless.

The slide seemed safe enough.



It took alot of talking to convince them that the swings would be fun. Eventually they went on, and I even got a turn. I love the swings - it feels like flying!

The ride that the kids were really looking forward to was the bumper cars. They rode them twice. Why don't they do bumper cars for adults? Oh wait, is that a demolition derby?





Oh, and of course we had to have yummy fair food!! We had popcorn, cotton candy, and ice cream. I wanted to sing the song from Charlottes Web "The fair, is a veritable smorgasbord, orgasbord, orgasbord, after the day is through...."


3 comments:

roxanne said...

Joe says they have those chickens in the Philippines and they dye them. Sorry to disappoint. (But maybe he's wrong!)

Looks like fun though!

Jenna said...

Sooooo fun, these kids of ours are sure getting to be good ages to take all kinds of places, aren't they!

Kristi said...

That looks like a super fun fair! Glad you had a great time. I never knew about those colorful chickens. Now I'm that much smarter for reading this post! ;-)