BLOGS

THE LATEST ADVENTURE IS....

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

4th of July Fun!!

4th of July is my favorite holiday to celebrate here in Watertown. I must say that Upstate New York knows how to celebrate the 4th. The coolest thing is that since fire works are illegal here (what isn't?) each village and city does its own fire works show. To make it even better, they all coordinate and have their shows on different nights. If you were willing to drive up to half an hour away, you could see fire works every night for almost 2 weeks straight. So the big bash in Watertown happens up at our favorite park, just a mere 1/4 mile from our house. The ward makes it a big event and everyone comes and lays out their blankets, eats goodies, plays games, listens to the Syracuse Symphony and then watch the amazing fire works. Its a blast!!
Tess with our favorite person in the whole ward, and the best babysitter around, Cassie McAfee. She moved just last week and we already miss her!!! BYU Idaho is getting one amazing girl - knock em dead Cassie!!!

Uno was the game of choice this year. Tyson has his back to the camera and Emma is to the left.

Zach mooched his way into a huge ice cream sandwich, courtesy of Cassie. I guess our chips, licorice, and starbursts weren't good enough.

Sunset over Watertown. The park is on top of a huge hill overlooking the town. There is a big open field where they hold the concert and shoot off the fire works.

The Syracuse Symphony. They always do a great job. It reminds me a lot of the Redlands bowl growing up (for all you non-Redlands, CA residents I'm not going to explain).

Tess and her friend Madaline dancing to the music.

By sunset is was nearing 9:30 and Tess was way past her bed time. She hung in and made it to the main event. And yes Tess is wearing a sweater, I think the high that day was low 70's and the evenings get down to the low 60's - sweat shirts are a must!!

I spent most of the show trying to get a perfect picture of the fire works. I didn't get a perfect one, but I got several good ones. This one reminds me of going into light speed on Star Wars.





The best part of the whole night, was I didn't get bitten by a single mosquito!! Yippie!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Grace, I am commenting in hopes that you can help me out here. Both Hillary and I were trying to remember the words to an old girls camp song, but can only remember part of them. It was a silly song about camp rules like, "foreign objects don't go down the toilet" and "don't chew gum, ok,ok,ok". Anyway, this might be totally random, but Hill said to ask you since you have a good memory. Let me know K? I really want to use it for a skit at camp. Thanx, rach email me at rlfullmer@gmail.com if you remember.

Jon and Tamara said...

Awesome firework shots! We miss the ward. We spent the 4th with members here lighting our own fireworks in their yard. SOOO different from NY. :-) The kids had a blast and I bit my nails with Sara. Glad you had fun.

Donetta said...

I don't remember mosquitos in Watertown.