BLOGS

THE LATEST ADVENTURE IS....

Friday, July 23, 2010

Where's my cape?

Okay, so my latest conquest is to become
SUPER MOM!
I started working again.  I got a part time job at my Dad's office doing his invoicing and billing.  I absolutely LOVE it.  Mostly because it helps me feel productive.  Well, there are other reasons too, but that is the biggest one for me personally.  At first I was so frustrated because I couldn't remember everything I was being taught.  But then I came to a realization.  I know that moms joke that their kids turn their minds to mush, but they really do.  My brain is completely OUT OF SHAPE!  There is definately a learning curve at the office and more juggling with the kids, but it's worth it.

Right now their main babysitter is Tonya, and they love her.  In fact, Tess definately prefers her to me, since Tonya plays with her and I don't.  Tonya is really tall (over 6 ft.) so at first Tess just called her "tall girl", it was pretty cute.  I love that I can trust Tonya with the kids and they adore her.  I only work 4 days a week for 4-5 hours a day, so I'm only gone about half the day.  When school starts I will work while the kids are at school.  I'm still in search for a sitter for Tess once school starts.

I love using parts of my brain that have been dormant for FOREVER.  I love interacting with more adults than kids.  I love feeling productive; coming in to a full inbox, and seeing it empty at the end of the day.  IT'S FANTASTIC! 

Right now I'm not overwhelmed, but when the school year starts and projects, homework, and activities start piling up I might change my mind. 

So if I pull of this Super Mom thing, anybody want to make me a cape?

1 comment:

Adriann said...

You're already super mom, but no I don't want to make you a cape. Sorry.