BLOGS

THE LATEST ADVENTURE IS....

Thursday, July 8, 2010

Cub Camp Wrap Up

We made it through Cub Scout Camp!  It was actually a good week.  I had a FANTASTIC group of boys.  I kept bragging about them because I never had to yell once, or stop an argument or fighting.  Everyone got along great and listened to instructions and had a great week.  We were definately exhausted at the end of each day, I collapsed on the couch for a few hours, but it was worth it - especially because of what it taught Tyson.

Tyson was made a Den Chief for a group of Bears, most of whom were 7 or 8 years old.  He did an awesome job being in charge and helping his Den Leader round up the boys for all their activities.  After the second or third day Tyson was talking to me on our way home from camp.  He informed me that he had no idea taking care of kids could be "so mentally exhausting!"  I said, "Really?  Now you know how I feel.  Its just as exhausting when they're your own kids as well."  And then he was quiet the rest of the way home.  Abut a week later Tyson came up to me and told me that he would do whatever he could to help me, because he knew I worked so hard.  And he really has been so incredibly helpful, I am so grateful he is my son.  To top it all off, on Sunday at church he bore his testimony about this exact experience and how he remembered the commandment to "Honor thy Father and thy Mother".  He said he was so grateful for me and that he wanted to do everything he could to help me take care of everyone until his dad got home.  I am so proud of him and I am impressed with how responsible and trustworthy he is.  I know his daddy is proud of him too.  After church I gave him a huge hug and told him how much I love him.  I also told him this is exactly the kind of experiences he should write down in his journal.

I would do 100 Cub Scout camps if I knew I would get this result.  It was sooo worth it.  Thanks Becky for having a baby so my son could have that experience.

2 comments:

Adriann said...

Ok I'm crying. That's so sweet of Ty to do that and be a great big brother and helper. He really is growing up!

Pattersons said...

sooo AWESOME!!! thanks for sharing:)can't wait to see you guys on saturday!