BLOGS

THE LATEST ADVENTURE IS....

Monday, June 21, 2010

Cub Scout Camp Day1

What?  Why are you doing Cub Scout Camp?  I didn't know you work with Cub Scouts? 

Well, I don't.  But my friend that is our Den Leader is 9+ months pregnant (being enduced on Friday), so I agreed to do camp for her.  Now don't say I'm such a nice person, because I'm really not, and there are only a few people I would do this for, and she is one of them.

So I am a Den Leader for 8 Bear Scouts for this whole week, 8am-3pm.  Tyson is a Den Chief for a Wolf den, and Zach is a participant as a Webelo.  They have a chipmunk camp for all the non participating siblings of the people working at camp, so Emma and Tess go to the Chipmunk camp.  It's a family affair.

Day 1 went fairly well, there was actually quite a bit of down time, and I had to keep the boys entertained.  But my boys are all pretty good, except one, but 1 in 8 isn't bad odds (right?).  The only scarry part was at the end when I thought I lost a boy.  Turns out that his nanny picked him up and didn't tell me - naughty nanny!!  So after that mild heart attack, I calmed down and went home. 

Now I am lying on the couch not moving, and I have no idea what we are having for dinner.  Luckily everyone else wants to sit and do nothing too, so again, its a family affair.

2 comments:

Adriann said...

At least it keeps all the kids busy all day. That's something.

Pattersons said...

well it sounds to me like you ARE being quite nice and generous grace!:)i sent you an e-mail a few days ago in hopes that we'd be able to meet up next week at the beach. let me know-we'd love to get together with you guys. enjoy your weekend grace:)