BLOGS

THE LATEST ADVENTURE IS....

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Life Ends Today

I am not one of those mothers that can't wait till summer vacation to have her kids home.  In fact, I am the exact oposite of those mothers.  I hate (maybe thats too strong a word, no I think it's about right) having my kids home ALL DAY EVERY DAY! 
This is what summer vacation means to me:
fighting,
messes,
headaches,
more fighting,
more messes,
yelling,
crabiness,
ungratefullness,
complaining,
whining 
packing,
unpacking,
driving,
more driving,
coordinating schedules,
and more fighting.

The one positive is that my alarm clock gets to be turned off for most days.  So today, is the end of my happy life for he next 2 1/2 months.  Today at 12:06 pm to be exact.
Aghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

4 comments:

Adriann said...

ok so the post title "life ends today" was a little dramatic and made me worried. Until I read the post. Perhaps you should consider not using post titles that make your sisters panic and want to call 911! I'm glad its only summer vacation. I do, however, completely understand why you're so bummed out about it. Sorry. I feel your pain.

Anonymous said...

I am with you absolutely and completely. I love my kids, but not all day long every day. I do enjoy not having to set the alarm clock, although kids are an alarm in and of themselves. I know u are living with your parents which only adds to the stress of summertime woes. I, too, am living with my in-laws for a few months and am already going crazy not having my own space for the kids to run around and mess up. Can we please count down the days until school is back in session (ours begins on August 30th - that is 75 and counting). I will be thrilled and overjoyed when that day comes!!!!

Nat said...

I agree and I only have 2 kids! School starts on July 19th - we have 33 days. I am thinking about making a chain to start the count down. Gook Luck Ladies!

Theresa Walker said...

You're so funny.