BLOGS

THE LATEST ADVENTURE IS....

Thursday, July 8, 2010

Tyson Ordained

Tyson was ordained to the office of a Deacon in the Aaron Priesthood on Sunday, June 13th 2010.  Several family members were able to come, which made it very special for me and for Tyson.  I can't believe Ty is already 12.  Doesn't he look so grown up?  I told him he'll be as tall as me by the time his dad gets home.

These are the phenomenal, wonderful, spectaclar priesthood holders in my family that came to be in the circle to ordain Tyson.  Lots of family couldn't come, and you were missed, but we understand.
L-R, Jason Coleman (cousin), Andrew Vaughan (brother), Robin Vaughan (dad), Bob Coleman (uncle), and Troy Vaughan (grandpa).
Obviously there were more family members there that I didn't photograph.  Thank you Jason and Dawn for dragging your whole family down for just a few hours, I REALLY appreciate it.  Thanks to Aunt Kathi and Uncle Bob, cousin Sara, Andy and Alec and my Grandparents for making the effort to come.  I love you all so much.  Tyson was very overwhelmed that so many people came just for his special day.

A special side note.  My grandfather was baptized just a few years ago and this was the first time I got to see him participate in a Priesthood Ordinance.  Usually he was the one in the back ground taking pictures, but not anymore.  It was so special to have him in the circle standing next to his son, grandson, and great grandson.  It was a very special day.

5 comments:

miriam.plass said...

That is so awesome!!! Congratulations to him and to your family!!

~j. said...

That's cool, Grace. What a special time for you & your family.

Jon and Tamara said...

Tyson, that is so wonderful! You are an amazing young man with great parents. We're happy for you. How neat to have your great grandpa be part of such a special day.

Aunt Kathi said...

It was our sincere pleasure. Such a very special day. So happy to have daddy FINALLY be able to participate. Love to all - Aunt Kathi

Jacque said...

Yeah Ty! I noticed something cool, too. If you look at the photo of the guys closely, you can see a really strong resemblance between Jason, Andy, and Dad.