BLOGS

THE LATEST ADVENTURE IS....

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Picture of Ron in Afghanistan

Here is the only picture of have right now of Ron in Afghanistan.
His unit has a page on Facebook (if your family email me and I'll give you the address) and someone keeps taking pictures and posting them.  Who ever it is, I am so grateful to them.  Its wonderful to see where they are living and to see all their faces.  I was shocked to see this awesome picture of Ron, usually he isn't in any pictures.  And doesn't he look like the classic soldier?!  I love it!!  I think in this shot he had just landed in Afghanistan and they were unloading off the choppers.  If you can't tell which one he is, he is the front right soldier, squint and you can read his name tag on his uniform.

2 comments:

Pattersons said...

way cool grace! i just clicked on the pic. a couple of times and i could read the name on his uniform! super cool-you all must be so proud of him! we are too:)

Unknown said...

This picture is awesome, Grace, the boys absolutely loved seeing this, in fact, I'm surprised Alec didn't write a comment himself. We are so proud of Ron and your family and are so grateful everyday for what he and countless others sacrifice daily to defend our country. Alec said this is what he wants to look like someday and I think it's great he already feels so strongly about joining the military and he admires his Uncle Ron very much!
-jen