BLOGS

THE LATEST ADVENTURE IS....

Thursday, April 8, 2010

Drive out West Part 1

Our move out to California from New York was a fun adventure.  Our first stop was in Ohio with my brother and his family.  The second and third days were spent with our friends the Petty's: Jon, Tamara, Allison, Brooke, Taylor, Steven, Ryan, and Mathew.  We also spent a day at Tamara's parents home which was tons of fun, and good shopping.
The whole crew at dinner.  Did you notice there are a few extra people?  We also got to visit our friends the Mendenall's: Shane, Sara, Andrew, Owen, and Noah.  We all knew each other at Ft. Drum.  It is so great to be with good friends again.
Tyson with his buds Taylor and Andrew
Emmas buddy Noah.  They went to preschool together.
Zach with Steven and Owen
We had a little beauty parlor moment while I was there.  Tamara and her daughter Brooke both have GORGEOUS naturally curly hair.  I helped Brooke straighten it for church and after dinner I suggested we straighten Tamara's hair (she had NEVER straightened her hair before).  She agreed and Brooke and I went to work.  Doesn't she look FANTASTIC!!  Her husband loved it too!!  Sara and I both thought she looked very stylish and trendy.
More pictures of her gorgeousness (is that a word?)
Jon Petty.  My very kind and wise friend.  He always helps me think about what is truely important and I always leave feeling uplifted and enlightened.
Me with my awesome friends, Sara and Tamara.  I wish we could always be stationed at the same place.  What fun we would have!!
The kids and I all loved seeing our good friends again.  I was sad that we had to get back on the road and we couldn't stay longer.

Part 2 coming soon......

2 comments:

Adriann said...

Oh my goodness, did you actually post something about your trip?? Wow, I thought I'd never see the day ...

Jon and Tamara said...

Too bad we didn't get a picture of that shocked look on Jon's face when he walked in the door. :-) It was so wonderful to spend those days with you guys. I loved watching the kids play and catch up. Miss you.