BLOGS

THE LATEST ADVENTURE IS....

Sunday, April 18, 2010

The Great Bike Swap

We had a great bike swap this week.  Tyson got a new really nice bike last year for his birthday, and it still fits him well.  Zach on the other hand has an old bike that is too small for him.  I knew I would need to get a new bike for him soon, but it wasn't a pressing issue since we can't ride bikes that often here in Ca. 

(Side note: we can't ride bikes here except on our driveway because my moms street is way too busy and doesn't have sidewalks.  We can take the bikes down to the park, but that takes alot of effort, so hasn't happened yet.) 

Well, then this week for Boy Scouts Tyson's troop was going on a 15 mile bike ride.  His leaders suggested he ride a 10 speed bike (his is not a 10 speed).  Tyson's leader said he had one he could borrow if he didn't have one. I told my dad about the bike ride and he suggested I buy Tyson a new 10 speed and let Zach have Tysons bike.  It did make a little bit of sense once I thought about it, I just wasn't in the mood to buy a new bike. 
So my dad, Tyson, and I went bike shopping on Thursday night and $230 later we had a new ten speed and a new helmet ; the bike was on sale by the way :-(  . 

So on Friday after school we took all the bikes down to our church parking lot to teach Tyson how to use his new 10 speed bike.  Everyone rode bikes, except Tess who hasn't figured out the bike thing yet, and my cute niece Ivy took advantage of the vacant bike and had fun.  Zach had a ball on his new bike and was grinning from ear to ear the whole time.  A win, win for everyone, except for my wallet :-)

"If I can't make this thing move with my feet, I'll use my hands!"


Striking a pose, my cute niece Ivy Lou


Check out the new ride!!


Tyson got a little frustrated trying to figure out how to switch gears, but he was very patient and figured it out in the end.  My Dad did a great job teaching him - thanks Dad!

No comments: