BLOGS

THE LATEST ADVENTURE IS....

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Current Happenings

So life has gotten busy again, or crazy is a little more like it.  School is in full swing, and activities have started: cub scouts, boy scouts, gymnastics (for both girls) and swim lessons.  I am trying to exercise every school day in my goal to get more healthy.  I am taking sewing classes and will finish making my first dress next week - go me!!  And last week got really busy when I found out that a close friend had died of a heart attack and I decided to fly back to New York for the funeral.  He is Tim Babcock, my church Bishop and I love him so much.  Ron worked very closely with him on the Bishopric, and we felt that one of us should be there.  So I had a bitter/sweet trip to Watertown for 3 days.  I got to see all my friends, and show my love and respect for my friend, and love and support for his wife and kids.

My last day in New York I got the scary phone call from Zach's Principal saying that Zach had run away from school.  Yes, you read that right, HE RAN AWAY FROM SCHOOL!!  They couldn't find him and were calling the police and thought that he might be trying to walk home.  I couldn't do anything but wait frantically for my mom to call me when they found him, and she did.  She drove around the park that is right next to the school and found him hiding behind some rocks.  There are several reasons why he ran away, and hopefully we have addressed all of them, but it was quite a terrifying experience.  And here I was thinking that the kids were doing pretty well with the adjustment.  I guess I was wrong.

But on happy news, our house is in Escrow and we should close any day now.  And Ron is still very safe in Afghanistan.  Oh, if anyone wants to email him, he would love it:  ron@crowther.com
The best news of all is that Tess is finally potty trained and she is doing great!!  She tells me when she needs to go and hasn't had an accident in almost a week.  We are all very excited about how well she is doing.  Goodbye DIAPERS!!!!

So there you have it - the good, the bad, and the scary.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Grace...so scary about Zach, I'm so glad he was alright, yeah, I would have been freaking out that far away. Hope school is going better now. So glad you got to go back to NY for the funeral. WOOHOO on the no more diapers for you, what a relief. Also glad to hear Ron is safe and doing well, he is, of course, in our prayers, as all of you are! Love you guys!
-jen

Sara is crazy four my boys said...

Wow grace-I'm glad Zach was found safe and sound! It is hard to know what is going on inside kids heads.

Theresa Walker said...

I'm glad Ron is doing well and you and the kids are "adjusting". So scary about Zach. Jacob ran away from church one sunday and the teachers didn't tell me for 20 minutes. The police found him down the street (about a mile) in a shopping center parking lot just walking around. Neil was deployed during that time too. The police asked Jake what his name is and he would only say Lightening McQueen. Luckily he had a tithing envelope with him and they brought him to the address. Scary times. Nothing says "Mother of the Year" like loosing your autistic child at church :) Glad the kids and you are doing better.