BLOGS

THE LATEST ADVENTURE IS....

Thursday, September 25, 2008

Sad commentary on our times...

I have a sad commentary on our times. Before I went to France I needed to buy a new big suitcase. I went to Penny's because they were having a sale, and I found a nice big rolling suitcase. When I started packing for my trip I discovered that inside my suitcase was a smaller suitcase - the store had never taken the smaller one out. Well I discovered this two days before my trip so I didn't have time to return the extra suitcase. Then when I got back from France we immediately left for California for the rest of the summer. So the suitcase just sat at the bottom of Ron's closet, taunting me. So I finally got around to returning it to Penny's yesterday. It eventually took an associate, assistant manager, and manager to figure out what to do with it. When I told each person in turn my story they were all completely SHOCKED!! They could not believe that I was actually being honest and returning it to the store. I was so glad that I did it, but I was also sad at how surprised they were at my honesty. What has this world come to that being dishonest is the norm and honesty is a rarity? It was definitely an eye opening experience for me.

3 comments:

Adriann said...

Good example for your kids though.

Shay said...

Good for you that you took the time to return it, it doesn't matter how long it takes, you did the right thing, and yeah, it's sad how shocking that is.

Jon and Tamara said...

I've run into the same thing and it IS sad. Be sure to talk to your kids about it and how good it felt to do the right thing. You're an awesome mom!