BLOGS

THE LATEST ADVENTURE IS....

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Birthday Ramblings

So today I turn a whopping 31, and for some reason I am very mellow and reflective today. Birthdays are usually bad days for me, long story, but Ron knows that so he usually trys to make them really special for me. This is my second birthday without him and it makes me really sad. Sad not just because I have to make my own birthday cake, but because it marks 13 months that he has been gone. I miss him so much. Special events like birthdays just aren't special without him. And most of the time I just want him to hug me and tell me how grateful he is for me and how much he loves me(I still don't know why he is, but I've stopped questioning that one).

So today is bitter sweet, as usual. I spent all day doing mommy things, especially this afternoon which went like this: 3:10 wake up Tess from nap, 3:15 Emma and Zach home from school, 3:20 get in van to pick up babysitter, 3:45 drop off Zach and Tess at home with babysitter and grab Tyson, 4:00 Tyson guitar lesson, while we wait we run to the grocery store to buy birthday cake supplies, 4:45 Emma hair cut, 5:30 pick up pizzas for dinner, 5:45 go home and eat pizzas with kids and babysitter, 6:15 Tyson and I ride our bikes to his school for his Open House, 7:00 get home and grab kids to take babysitter home, 7:30 get home and make birthday cake (pre-made angel food with whip cream and strawberries- yummie!!!), 8:00 eat birthday cake, 8:30 throw kids in bed, 8:45 ME TIME! Despite the craziness it was a good day. I spent some great quality time with Tyson and we both needed that. It was especially fun to go bike riding with him. I forgot how much fun it is to ride a bike.

I want to thank everyone for showering me with love. My phone was ringing off the hook today and I got several emails as well. Thank you for thinking of me, especially since I tend to forget everyone's birthdays except my kids, Ron included.

My birthday goals: that this year I will find ways to be a better mom (that should be pretty easy since I suck at it most of the time), and to show my husband through my words and actions just how much I love and appreciate him.

3 comments:

Sara is crazy four my boys said...

Happy Birthday Grace!
Your crazy schedule sounds like mine! My neighbors must get dizzy with the amount of times we are pulling in and and out of the driveway. Tonight we had appetizers for dinner...:()need I say more.

Okie Bloxhams said...

Happy Birthday! it was Brandon's on the same day-the big 29. I hope you had a wonderful day! we miss you.

Shay said...

SOOOOO WEIRD that you commented on my blog, I was going to e-mail you yesterday and ask if you were doing a blog!! Grace, you are a great mom and wife, I always looked up to you. I look forward to reading your blog. Happy Birthday!!