BLOGS

THE LATEST ADVENTURE IS....

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Glory Hallelulia!!!!!

It finally came!! It finally came!! The first day of school finally came!!! And I am not the only one who is completely excited about it - ALL the kids are. Toward the end of the summer they were getting bored, and very sick of each other. They all love the teachers they got and they all have friends in their classes. That was always my biggest fear starting a new school year, if I would have friends in my class; I totally relate to their anxiety on that issue.

This morning went great!! I was even awake and alert for the whole morning :-) (I am not a morning person; this waking up by 7 thing is going to take a while to get use to again). They all happily were up and moving, making their beds, putting away their breakfast dishes and making their lunches. I realize the novelty of doing everything without being asked will wear off VERY soon, but I'm enjoying it while it lasts.

The boys look great in this one, but the girls aren't looking at the camera.

The girls look cute in this one but the boys look cheesy. Oh well!! So much for one great picture :-(

Ty rides his bike to school. Actually so do Emma and Zach but I made them walk with me today (they were a little grumpy about that!). Back to Ty... he is starting 6th grade at Wiley Middle School. Our middle school is 5th and 6th graders so he already knows the school well. He also already knows his teacher (she was his Social Studies teacher last year) and he has the exact same group of kids in his class. There is one SEEK class (again I don't remember what it stands for, but it's the excellerated class) per grade, so all the kids that were in his class last year are in his class again. He was really excited to see his friends again - they want to form a band!! So much fun!!

Zach is in 4th grade now, this is his last year at Knickerbocker Elementary. He has the same 4th grade teacher that Tyson did, Ms. Hudon. We really liked her and I think he will do well. He was also really excited that his two best buddies were in his class. The only bummer is that his little crush Maddie isn't in his class this year. I'm sure he'll get a new one very soon!!

Emma is now in 2nd grade and has Mrs. Gonseth. Her best friends aren't in her class but that definitely isn't a problem for Emma. She'll have a new best friend by the end of today. Her biggest concern this year is always looking "stylish". If she isn't then there is major drama. One of the biggest problems is she asks her brothers if they think she looks cute. I keep telling her that boys don't notice or care about things like that, but she hasn't clued in yet. I told her the only boy that would care what she looked like was her dad, and that was because I trained him to care!!

I let Tess out of the stroller on the way home and she went crazy. She ran and jumped and twirled all the way home. I was afraid she would be sad that her brothers and sister left her, but I think she's happy to be alone again. I know she's thrilled to have control over the t.v. again!!

Luckily she did stop before we had to cross any streets.


So now, the house is quiet and peaceful again. I am so happy!!! I just have to say, I LOVE SCHOOL!!

6 comments:

Pattersons said...

YAY FOR SCHOOL!!!:) i'm a fan too.

Sara is crazy four my boys said...

My kids have been in school for over 3 weeks now :)

miriam.plass said...

That is awesome!! I am looking forward to school and I still have 2 years to wait! Is that bad? I think not!

Unknown said...

Emma, especially looks all grown up this year! Enjoy your down time and tell those kiddos of yours that we miss em and love em! Yeah...and I want to hear more about your fun weekend.
-Jenna

Okie Bloxhams said...

so grown up!!! I'm a huge fan of school!!!!!

Jon and Tamara said...

Wow, Emma looks so much older! The kids truly look happy. I'm glad Tess didn't mind going home alone. That was always one of the big challenges at my house until everyone was in school. Now Matthew is sad, but he's adjusting because he's learned that they'll eventually come back. :-) Enjoy your personal time! Maybe you can even trade babysitting w/ a friend and meet Ron for lunch! :-)