BLOGS

THE LATEST ADVENTURE IS....

Monday, August 31, 2009

First time for everything!

I honestly can't believe that it has taken this long for us to do this. I mean, my oldest is 11, what took so long? We did this all the time when I was a kid, ALL THE TIME, you can ask my dad. In fact, it was one of my dads favorite things. I don't know if it worked, but it certainly improved our penmanship!! So now the tradition begins again at our house.



If you can read the sentences, you can guess what the indiscretion was. Tyson and Zach had to write sentences, and I went extremely easy on them, only 20 times. Believe me, the next time this happens there will be a lot more! And they had to write apology letters and made cookies all by themselves to go with the letters ( I supervised, don't worry!). I hope they learned their lesson. If not, I have plenty of paper and pens to go around!!

8 comments:

Jenna said...

I love making my kids write when they are in trouble...it helps me feel like they are really paying for it, without me getting as upset about the wrong committed.

Nat said...

I love this idea. I think I will steal it from you. I guess Sam can start at age 5. It will teach him letters, at least.

Jon and Tamara said...

That's a great idea! We're still doing *reverence training* after church with the number of minutes determined by their behavior at church. This Sunday was our first without Jon on the bench. All three boys... Matthew would have been included, but he's still too young to know better. His new lift-a-flap books should arrive this week and I have very high hopes for next week! I'll have to add the writing sentences too. ;-)

Pattersons said...

i'm so trying this one-thanks:)

Adriann said...

You went WAY easy! Dad used to make us do HUNDREDS of those! I remember once it was like 300, but he let me do them on the computer (before the whole copy and paste functions were in existence). Easier, but still very time consuming!!

Donetta said...

What did they do?

Unknown said...

Grace, you are so your dad....eeeeek!!! I need to pass this on to Becky...they have been doing reverence training as well. Love your blog!!

Sara is crazy four my boys said...

I hadn't thought of writing out sentences for a consequence...totally love it, good one Grace! I used this consequence yesterday with Noah ...He had to write "I will not throw away notes from my teacher. I will not through away homework or school papers." 15 times!