BLOGS

THE LATEST ADVENTURE IS....

Sunday, August 9, 2009

I Lost

Today I lost my first battle with the kids over appropriate church clothing. Now, granted it was a battle with Tess over church shoes, but I still lost. I lost because I was out numbered, out of time, and out of patience. Tess was running around the house in her mock croc's and playing right before we had to leave. When I tried to wrestle her down to put her church shoes on, she kept running away and screaming. I was already running late for church (don't worry I made it in time) so I just grabbed her church shoes, shoved them in one of my many bags, grabbed her and headed out the door. The crocs stayed on all through Sacrament Meeting, but just as she was leaving for nursery I asked if I could put on her "pretty" church shoes and she said yes. So on they went, and off she went to nursery. It was a small battle, and I guess I won in the end, but I'm sure its not going to be the last battle that I'll loose. My only consolation is that I made it to my 4th child before I lost one of these battles - yea me!!!

4 comments:

Okie Bloxhams said...

it's all good. don't sweat the small stuff. my problem is, I don't sweat the bigger stuff too. haha.
you're an awesome mom.

roxanne said...

Haha, I will admit I was surprised when I saw her wearing those, and I did notice she had church shoes on later. But I do give you credit for making it through 4 kids without so much as a shoe incident like that!

Jon and Tamara said...

I once noticed halfway through sacrament meeting that my son was wearing two different Sunday shoes with a bonus of mismatched socks. Now he can't understand why I make him stop on his way out to the car each Sunday so that I can give him a once over. One guess who that was. :-)

Unknown said...

I was surprised when I saw her wearing those, and I did notice she had church shoes on later.
Thanks for posting.

--
Jhon
You cannot go wrong on the best security systems