BLOGS

THE LATEST ADVENTURE IS....

Sunday, May 31, 2009

Tysons Cake

Tyson had his birthday party on Saturday. He is too big to have "theme" parties, but he still wanted a cool cake. He asked for an army battle cake - you heard right, a battle cake. Now, I could have just put some army men on top of a cake and called it good, but where is the fun in that? I called lots of friends and family and asked them for ideas - thanks everybody- and here is the result.

**disclaimer - It could have been a lot better, I know. My friend Kim gave me awesome ideas and let me borrow her decorating tips and even gave me some fondant - I did not have the energy for all of that, maybe next time. If my awesome cousin Christine would come and teach me all her magic cake decorating skills the next one will be even better; and I'm sure there will be a next one.



The defenders of the hill - chocolate teddy grahams. The marshmallows are boulders, the pretzels with fruit roll ups are trees and the pretzels at the bottom is a fence. Oh and that's a cannon on the top with raisinettes for cannon balls.

The attackers - honey teddy grahams. They are camped out in their thicket of trees, and some of the men are dug into their fox holes. Some of the men were unfortunately killed when the enemy rolled the boulders down the hill. And at the very back an enemy spy has infiltrated their ranks.

Thought to ponder: what kind of cake would Tyson have asked for, if his dad wasn't in the Army and he wasn't obsessed with all things military?

8 comments:

Jenna said...

That is awesome...you are one spectacular mama, too fun!

Okie Bloxhams said...

WAY COOL!!!

Kristi said...

You did a GREAT job with your cake! It's very creative. Well done!

Adriann said...

Ha ha I love it! I'm thinking maybe my foxhole idea was not the greatest, it took me a while to realize what it was. But all your ideas were great! I was a little surprised to see you had CASUALTIES on your cake! Sad little teddy grahams!! But I LOVE the spy in the back of the cake. That is great!! Did Tyson love it??

Christine said...

You don't need me, it looks great! I love the teddy graham idea, gonna have to remember that one...

Mel Sims said...

I love it!! You are way too good of a mom!! Darling!

Mel Sims said...

I love it!! You are way too good of a mom!! Darling!

Jenna said...

This is Alec, can you hear me? HA HA, I GOT you Ty, I love the cake and remember it is my birthday next.