BLOGS

THE LATEST ADVENTURE IS....

Thursday, May 28, 2009

Pinewood Derby

So after Tysons quick party we headed to the church for our wards first ever Pinewood Derby. You heard right, our first ever; we never had a track until our new awesome leaders built one this year. Lucky for Tyson it landed on his last official day of being a Cubscout. I feel bad that he only got to participate in one, but thats the brakes when your ward isn't very Scout oriented.

Since it was his last pack meeting as a Cub Scout he also had his crossing over ceremony to Boy Scouts. Now without ranting and raving about my frustrations with our Scout program, let me just simply say that no one told me this was happening and I was completely unaware of what I needed to buy for him. So he didn't get a new scout shirt or hankercheif or whatever it was that he was suppose to have, he wasn't even in full uniform. Whatever. Just another example of how Tyson has been jipped (I wanted to use stronger language about this situation but I won't) in his scouting career. At least he barely earned his Webelos badge (thanks to me doing everything), even if he didn't get his Arrow of Light. I'm not at all bitter, can you tell :-}

I couldn't get very good pictures because my battery was dead and I only had time to snap one quick picture before the camera turned off again. Here are Tyson and Zach's cars racing each other. They probably would have tied but Zach dropped his car right before the races and one of his axels got bent a little. So Tyson's won by a hair, but they were still good sports about it.

When all was said and done Tyson got 2nd place and Zach got 3rd place out of 5 cars (I had to say how many cars there were because if they got 2nd and 3rd and there were only 3 cars that wouldn't be very impressive). I'll get a picture of them holding their cars later, the battery officially died after I took this picture. They had a great time making their cars with their dad. Can't wait for next years Derby!! - oh wait maybe we can since dad will be deployed and mom will have to make the cars - that could be a problem :-(

3 comments:

Donetta said...

Yeah boys. Pinewood derby is sooo fun.

Okie Bloxhams said...

wow-I never knew they didnt do the pinewood derby before, I'm glad he got to do one.

Jenna said...

TY good job on geting 2 but now we are in oredr me 1,you 2, zach 3,and nate 4.