BLOGS

THE LATEST ADVENTURE IS....

Thursday, April 30, 2009

Update on my creativity disaster

Okay, so I feel like I should give a quick update on my miserable creative day last week. I did make another batch of banana bread and it turned out. I might even say it was a SMIDGE over done, but I was so freaked out that it would be under done that I over compensated. It disappeared quickly, mostly because I added chocolate chips to this loaf, so it just proves that my family LOVES banana bread and I will have plenty of opportunities to perfect my bread making skills.
And Tess has come around to her new blanket. Today we went visiting teaching and her new blanket was in her toy bag, and she pulled it out on her own and snuggled with it. VICTORY!!! Now if she will take it to bed with her, then I know she has accepted it as a suitable replacement.


And since I finally got my machine working and it was already out, I pulled out my other sewing projects and finally got them done!! The most procrastinated project was the new hooded bath towels for the girls. I had made the boys their towels over a year ago, but I never finished making the girls. So I finished them and they look fantastic!! Tess' towel is so huge on her that it goes all the way to the floor, but boy does it keep her warm. I think they turned out beautifully. A huge shout out to Becky Campbell for giving me our first hooded bath towel. We could not live without them!



I love the cute coordinating striped ribbon that I found for both sets of towels.

7 comments:

Adriann said...

Very cute. You've inspired me. Now, today during nap time instead of eating chocolate and watching Gilmore Girls, I am going to make curtains for our bathroom and maybe some new hair bows for Ivy. Yay!

roxanne said...

Super cute! I love that little blanket, and the towels are genius! Now that our guests have left, maybe I can get some creative juices flowing too...

Sara is crazy four my boys said...

Cute towels! I need to haul the sewing machine out to sew on some cub scout patches and boy scout merit badges.

Donetta said...

The towels are really cute. So is the blanket.

Theresa Walker said...

I really like Tess' blanket. Super cute.

Okie Bloxhams said...

way cute, glad she likes it now-how do you make those towels-way cool,

Jenna said...

Grace you are very creative, I always love the feeling of getting something done that I've been feeling guilty for not finishing, way to inspire us all, I really need to finish up some sewing before we leave VA! Miss ya!