BLOGS

THE LATEST ADVENTURE IS....

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Creativity, Schmeativity

Okay, today I was in a good mood ( I know you're all shocked :-) ). I got my hair done, and then I had a few minutes to kill before I picked up Tess from my friend Ann. So I decided to take advantage of the "no kid" time to run into JoAnn Fabrics and look around. I found some great paper and bought some new fabric to make Tess a new blanket to replace one we lost. So after I put Tess to bed for her nap, I started washing the fabric, and decided to make banana bread while I waited. Well, I swear that multiple toothpicks came out clean from both loaves of bread. However (do you know what's coming?) when I cut into them to have a nice warm piece of bread, the middle just gushed right out!!! I was so disapointed!! The whole house smelled of yummy bread, and now I didn't have any to eat. I seem to keep having bad luck with banana bread. Either it is under cooked, or over cooked, I can never get it just right :-(

Well then, (yes there is more) after the crazy after school mayhem of homework, snacks, and guitar lessons I decided to quickly sew the satin edging onto the blanket so Tess could have it for bedtime. No one told my machine that I only had a few minutes, and that it needed to cooperate. So what should have taken me a half hour, took me 2 1/2 hours!! Needless to say that I was so consumed with finishing this project that I completely forgot the time. Luckily I snapped out of my frustrated haze around 7, yelled at the kids to eat something healthy for dinner (usually cold cereal or hot dogs) and started getting everyone through the bath. The girls got to bed only 15 minutes late, but the boys are just getting to bed and its 9:30. Oh, and of course Ron wasn't home until 7:30, and Tess didn't like the blanket!!! So my high of creativity buzz was completely killed by deceptive banana bread, a malfunctioning sewing machine, and a picky 2 year old!!

Maybe creativity will be nicer to me tomorrow. Here's hopeing!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

My tip for the day...learn to like batter and dough, then everything always turns out perfectly...except when you burn the garlic bread, but that is a lesson for another day.xxoo

Pattersons said...

so funny. i'm going to make banana bread today with the girls-hopefully it'll throw me into labor:) wishful thinking, i know. i'll let you know how it turns out.

Okie Bloxhams said...

that sux. I hate days like that.
Cory Livingstone always made the perfect banana bread and she said the trick was to cook it at a lower temperature for a little longer. it really works and it is so moist and yummy. ;)

Sara is crazy four my boys said...

I can't stand it when days go like that...good news is usually the next day is better!
Hey Grace, do you want to have a Scentsy basket/catalog party sometime in the next couple months? I know there isn't anyone selling it. Let me know, I will even mail you all the little testers-I can even post it online for long distance friends and family-like your mom:)

roxanne said...

Oh, that is disappointing. Well, if she really hates the blanket, you can always donate it to the auction! Or give it to one of the million pregnant women in the ward...

Anonymous said...

Hello all
http://www.moroccanwholesale.com/ - meridia no prescription
The credit for the invention of this dryg Meridia goes to abbott laborateries.
[url=http://www.moroccanwholesale.com/]meridia without prescription[/url]
U.
sibutramine weight loss
Meridia - Diet pill breakthrough