BLOGS

THE LATEST ADVENTURE IS....

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

AND SO IT BEGINS

Yesterday, Ron officially took command of the Headquarters Company for 1st Brigade. I always love Military ceremonies, and yes I cried. I always cry. It always moves me to see all those men and women in uniform, standing at attention, saluting our flag. The symbolic passing of the company flag from the old commander to the new one. The outgoing commander gave a long speech but Ron kept his very short and sweet. Someone timed it, 1 minute 32 seconds - his men were thrilled!! Then I got to stand in a receiving line next to my hubby and shake a million peoples hands and be introduced to everyone. Someone compared it to a wedding reception receiving line, except I didn't know any of these people so it was a little more awkward. But I was outgoing and friendly and made great small talk. During the ceremony I sat very tall and proud and tried to channel the essence of the perfect military wife. I think I pulled it off fairly well. Ron didn't want me to take any pictures, but there was a photographer there and Ron said he'd get copies of the pictures. So now the new assignment begins; longer hours, and more drama. It will be an adjustment but I know that we'll get through just fine, especially Ron with flying colors. Oh, and I'm not going to be FRG Leader or Co-leader. I will be involved and attend all meetings and coffees, but I just don't have the time to be in charge. I really appreciated every one's advice, it helped a lot. So, wish us luck in this new crazy adventure!!

2 comments:

Marla said...

You guys are going to do GREAT as always! Congratulations!!

paypal sell nike jordan shoes said...

hello