BLOGS

THE LATEST ADVENTURE IS....

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Hailey Update

Yes, I did take Hailey to the vet on Friday. As it turns out she had a severe case of worms, two kinds of worms to be exact. They put her on a double dose of antibiotics (a powder I mix into her food) and she is doing 100% better. After just 1 day of being on the medicine she was eating and drinking again. We are happy to have our healthy girl back. And Ron put our fence back up on Saturday so now she can run and play in the back yard and doesn't have to be on a leash all the time. Now we are working on teaching her to fetch!! Oh, and any tips on training her to stay in our yard without a fence, electric fence, or shock collar? I would love for her to be out and about with us and not run off.

3 comments:

Theresa Walker said...

You need to see the movie. "Bella' does a really good job. She is awkward and that is similare to my impression of her. The more you watch the movie, in my opinion, the cheesier is seems but you got to watch it!

Sara is crazy four my boys said...

They have those radio wave fences you can buy it at Pet Smart and probably PetCO. I am happy to hear that you took her to the vet and that she is feeling better.
If you want to train her to stay with you while in the front yard or driveway with out running off let me know I can give you some tips for what has worked for us.

The Expatts said...

She is so cute! That stinks about the worms, but I am glad you rescued her... what saints! Hope you figure out the training thing, I never fully did back when I had a lab!