BLOGS

THE LATEST ADVENTURE IS....

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

What is the deal with Facebook?

Okay, you guys need to explain the thrill behind facebook. Yes, I am on it, and yes I have found lots of my friends from my youth, but other than that, what is the big deal? Who really wants to know what I am doing right now? Nobody!! And I don't play games on the computer. So if I don't want to post what I am doing, and I don't want to play games, or tag or kidnap people - what's the hipe? Are you just suppose to write on all of your friends WALLS instead of just emailing them? Seriously folks, I don't get what all the fuss is about.

7 comments:

roxanne said...

I'll be interested in the comments. I am not even on Facebook, and didn't even realize what a taboo that is until quite recently. Guess I'm not as hip as I thought...

Okie Bloxhams said...

I like to check in on my family that way and it is quick. you can also instant message if you're online at the same time without having a seperate IM. my family doesn't email much {besides my sisters} so it's nice to check up on my 4 brothers.

Kristi said...

I don't get it, either. Besides looking up old friends and sometimes finding out what they're doing now that we're "friends" again, I don't have time to sit and write on other people's walls or update my status all the time. Do people really want to know that I'm scrubbing toilets, or about to change the laundry, or that I'm watching Thomas and Mason play with toothbrushes while I steal some time on the computer instead of cleaning the bathrooms? I don't think so.

kym said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
kym said...

Grace! It's connection! What is bad about that? Granted, it's not extremely exciting, but it's connection. I found 3 missionaries that taught me the gospel and I love seeing their families - not necessarily checking up on them everyday, but just to see them once in this present time is cool. Also, I LOVE seeing pictures of old high school "friends." Especially the guys that were so cool - I can hardly recognize them as most of them are fat and bald. Karma, man. =)

Mel Sims said...

Maybe it's a certain personality that gets sucked in, because it had me at hello! I know it's voyueristic and sometimes cheesy...it makes me cringe more often than not...but I am having a good time, ha ha. =]

Erin said...

Ditto, Grace!