BLOGS

THE LATEST ADVENTURE IS....

Thursday, March 26, 2009

Meet Hailey



Before anyone says anything, let me just say that I know. I know we have a sickness and we are glutten for punishment. The plain truth of the matter is, we love dogs, and I hope that this time we can stick it out. We just adopted Hailey on Saturday. She is absolutely the most perfect dog. She is a two year old black lab. She has lived most of her life in a shelter and was recently rescued by a Foster Dog home here in our area. She is sweet and very mellow. She is already house trained, crate trained, and knows all her commands. Ron and I both started secretly looking at dogs a few months ago. We finally told each other about it and then had a logical discussion about the pros and cons of getting a dog. We decided to not get a dog. Well, I couldn't let it go and I kept looking online at all the local shelters. Then I found Hailey. She seemed too good to be true. So last Wednesday I went and met her, loved her immediately. I forced Ron to go meet her and he fell in love too. We asked the kids if they wanted a dog, and they said "sure". Tess is the one who loves her the most. She tells her to "si" "si" "si" (her version of sit) and to "come on" when she wants her to follow her. Tess loves her and sits next to her all the time and pets her. She has fit perfectly into our family and I am so glad we got her. One small problem is she got sick. Yesterday she had diarhea and blood in her stool and wouldn't eat, and today she ate breakfast but wouldn't touch dinner and then threw up. What should we do? We just got her, I don't want her to be sick!! Anyway, we are thrilled with the new member of our family.
p.s. she has a weird slobber line on her nose in the pictures, she normally doesn't have that



Tess is already doing her part in taking care of Hailey. She is combing her with the My Little Pony brush. She cracks me up!

6 comments:

Sara is crazy four my boys said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sara is crazy four my boys said...

Too many typos in the first comment. WOW Grace, I didn't expect to read a blog a bout you guys getting a dog LOL! Sounds like she fits right in, at 2 she is no longer a puppy :) We have 2 labs, I love them having them-but warning they shed a ton, so keep having Tess brush the dog:) If she has an upset stomach still today, I would take her to the vet, you don't want her to get dehydrated making the problem worse. Amelia has a very sensitive stomache and the smallest thing can really set it off, usually if she isn't better in a day or two we take her in and they can give her some meds to settle her tummy down. Good luck!

Adriann said...

Yes, you are a glutten for punishment. Just so long as you know it! She looks cute and that's great that Tess loves her so much. Hope she gets better soon!

Pattersons said...

our kids have been hounding us about getting a dog ever since we moved in the house! truth is...we want one but we're waiting it out a little to see how things go...but hailey looks like a beauty!

Kristi said...

Wow! Congratulations! We're thinking about getting a dog, as well, but I'm VERY apprehensive. Everyone in my family is ready to get one except for me. If I had my pick though, I would get a lab, so I thought it was funny to see that you had just got one. I'm curious to see how your family does with your new pet. Keep us posted!

Shay said...

We love dogss, especially labs, they are best. I hope it works out for you!