BLOGS

THE LATEST ADVENTURE IS....

Friday, February 27, 2009

How fast can you...

How fast can you earn a Cub Scout Badge? Specifically the Wolf badge? Well we did it in about 2 weeks. I don't know what it is about these badges, but I forget about them all year and then when it comes to the month of my boys birthday its scramble time to earn the badge before their birthday. So of course, Zach turns 9 on Saturday (how did that happen?) so he needed to complete his badge by tonight for pack meeting. We pulled it off, but just barely.

If someone hadn't told me last month, that one of the requirements took a month to complete, we would have been in trouble. But nonetheless, we worked our fannies off these past two weeks and got it done. Now I am transfering all that energy to Tyson who needs to complete his Webelos by the end of May. He looks like he'll get it, but I don't think he will be able to complete the Arrow of Light, I'm slightly hopeful about that one. He wants to earn it so if he stays motivated it just might happen. I'll keep you posted. Zach's friend Stephen Petty also earned his Wolf badge tonight, and they proudly showed them off for me. Good Job Boys!!!

4 comments:

Adriann said...

Oh my, how DID Zach get so old! He looks so proud to have gotten that badge. Good job Zach. As for me, I'm hoping to never have boys so that I don't have to deal with all the scouting stuff. Ugh.

Amy said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one! We did the same thing with Chase a few years ago. I think we broke the ward's budget for awards that month because he basically got everything! Pins, belt loops and more! Congratulations on getting it done, it's a lot of work, mostly for the moms! :) I hope you got your pin for it!

Donetta said...

He looks so happy. Congratulations Mom and Zach.

Jenna said...

Great job Zachary! We're totally proud of you!