BLOGS

THE LATEST ADVENTURE IS....

Sunday, February 22, 2009

Family Home Evening

Okay, so we all know that Family Home Evenings tend to be a little crazy when you have 4 kids. We started doing our lesson portion on Sunday nights, mostly to make sure that we had a lesson and to promote keeping the Sabbath Day Holy. We do our fun activities and treats on Mondays. Anyway, so tonight my lesson was on 4 basic questions:
Who am I?
Where did I come from?
Why am I here?
Where am I going?
I used these in my lesson at church last week and I told my class that every child in Primary could answer those questions without even blinking, and how sad it is that most of the world doesn't know the answers to those questions. So for our Opening Song I asked them what song they were practicing in Primary this month, and the responded, "I Lived In Heaven", so we sang that song. When I help up the first question, they answered right away, "I Am A Child Of God!" Good job, 1 for 1. When I held up the second question, they just started singing our opening song again:
"I lived in heaven a long time ago, it is true;
Lived there and loved there with people I know, so did you.
Then Heavenly Father presented a beautiful plan,
All about earth and eternal salvation for man."
As I thought they would they knew the answers to every question. It truly touched my heart that the first things to pop into their head were the primary songs. I have a testimony of how wonderful music is and especially the primary songs that teach the gospel to our children in such powerful and sweet songs. I don't remember a single primary lesson from my youth, but I remember almost every primary song. I'm glad my kids are learning from the primary songs just like I did.

No comments: