BLOGS

THE LATEST ADVENTURE IS....

Sunday, October 5, 2008

JUST KIDDING, HE'S DELAYED...

Typical. Thats all I can say about Ron being delayed, its typical Army crap (pardon my language). A few things came up that only "he" can do, and another soldier had a family emergency so they gave him Ron's spot on the flight. So now we have to wait until at least next week sometime. For all my Army friends, I know you can relate. For those of you who aren't army, this is SOP (Standard Operating Procedure). Until Ron has set foot in the good old U.S. of A. I won't believe that he is actually coming home. So when I got the news I made a double batch of chocolate chip cookies (don't worry I didn't eat them all myself) and then a friend and I went out to dinner. The really sad part about Ron being delayed is that he was suppose to get here on Emma's birthday. She doesn't know, but I do so that makes it even sadder. As a good friend of mine puts it "Drive on!" thats all I can do. I'll keep you updated.

8 comments:

Theresa Walker said...

Sorry Grace.

Purcell's Party said...

How frustrating!! Hang in there is so easy to say...but I guess that's all you can do. That stinks!! Can't you create some sort of family emergency?!? Darn.

Shay said...

I am so sorry to hear that, you can do it, be strong, and keep eating cookie dough, that helps. Hope he is home soon.

Sara is crazy four my boys said...

I think it would be almost better if they just call us when they are in the USA rather than give us a date that is always changing! I know it isn't their fault but it is soooo frustrating when they get delayed. When Shane came home from Afghanistan he was delayed 10 days, every day we would get a call giving us a new date, I thought I was going to blow up! Hang in there just know that Ron is coming home and in the long run a week or two really isn't that much longer.

Laura said...

Hi Grace,
You probably don't remember me, just met you once. I'm a friend of Ron's since umm, early on. I did a search for Ron and Grace Crowther on a whim and your cute blog came up. Loved catching up on what my old friend has been doing. Just wanted to say hi and I'm so glad Ron is coming home to you guys soon.

Laura (Lee) Andrew

Okie Bloxhams said...

sorry Grace-you are smart to not tell your kids since this happens a lot. now they won't have to be disappointed. bummer.

Adriann said...

Ugh. I was excited for him to come home too! Not as much as you, of course. But still! I am sorely disappointed. Sorry.

The Garver Family said...

From someone outside looking in and not knowing you at all, I appreciate you and your family for sacraficing time for me and my family. I do hope he gets to come home soon.