BLOGS

THE LATEST ADVENTURE IS....

Saturday, October 11, 2008

FALL at the SACRED GROVE

I love seasons. For any of you sad people that live in a place without seasons (all you Californians) I feel very sorry for you. This is one of the most beautiful times of year here in New York. So I have been taking pictures of every season since we moved here. So I decided that I wanted to take my Fall picture at the Sacred Grove. So this morning I bribed my children into taking an adventure with me, and we drove the 2 hours south to Palmyra. So here are a few of my favorite pictures. The whole time I kept thinking, I need my friend Kerri to come give me some photography lessons. Kerri - you would be having a ball here!! So even though my pictures are far from professional, I really like how they turned out.
#1 - Hill Cumorah
#2-5 Sacred Grove
#6- 7 Smith Family Farm
#8-9 Central New York


































9 comments:

Okie Bloxhams said...

Gorgeous colors!! I wish I was there. these are so beautiful.

Theresa Walker said...

The trees are so pretty. I visited that area when I was a teenager with my family. I don't think I appreciated it as much as I might now. The pictures really are great. Any word on Ron?

~j. said...

Growing up there, I took it for granted that it's not like that everywhere. I miss it this time of year so, so much. *sigh*

I want to go to the Palmyra temple (again) -- that's the temple my mom & stepdad attend. *sigh*

Jealous.

Mrs. Burch said...

Those are gorgeous. Wish I were there too..

Adriann said...

You did a good job capturing it, so pretty. Did you take any others of the rest of your adventures that day?

Donetta said...

What wonderful pictures.
Mom

Shay said...

Wow, that is amazing, Ohio is beginning to look like that. It really makes me miss living so close to such an amazing place.

Sara is crazy four my boys said...

I grew up in beautiful Vermont and the fall colors were always amazing! I really miss the colors of fall, it is my favorite season. The photos are beautiful. Down here in Alabama the leaves just turn brown and fall off, blah.

Jackie B. said...

beautiful! i think you did a great job!