BLOGS

THE LATEST ADVENTURE IS....

Sunday, July 27, 2008

Leonardo da Vinci

We practically stumbled on Leonardo da Vinci's tomb. He asked to be buried at the Chateau Amboise chapel, and his home was in the village. So we went and toured his house - so cool!! It was amazing to walk around and think - Leonardo da Vinci walked where I am walking! They had mock ups of some of his inventions - he was a genius!!





Isn't his home beautiful!! It wasn't grand or ornate, it just felt like a nice home. And his grounds were beautiful also, he even had a little stream through his garden. I have tons more pictures of course, but I can't show them all!

2 comments:

Theresa Walker said...

I love seeing your pictures from France! I bet that was a nice energy booster to get you through the rest of the "stinkin' deployment". That's what we call it around here.

Adriann said...

it looks like a nice house to me! I suppose compared to the castles and stuff though it doesn't seem grand. Cool photos.