BLOGS

THE LATEST ADVENTURE IS....

Friday, July 18, 2008

Chateau de la Voloniere - Our B&B

Our first stop on our trip was to the Loire Valley where we stayed in a B&B for 4 nights. It was a real Chateau from the 1500's. Our wonderful proprietor Claude, has spent the last 12 years renovating it into a B&B. Every morning we had a wonderful breakfast of fresh squeezed apple juice (from apple trees on the property), fresh croissant with nutella (I could live on croissant and nutella), fresh fruit, yogurt, bread and jam, and soft boiled eggs in little egg cups. Claude couldn't quite understand why we didn't drink coffee or tea with our breakfast, but he loved that we liked his apple juice. Breakfast wasn't until around 10 a.m. I think I should have been born in France. They sleep in and stay up late - that's me!! My mom and Jacque had to drag me out of bed every morning. I kept telling them that I was on vacation and wanted to sleep, but they actually wanted to go and see things, so I had to get up. So here are pics of our B&B in the Loire Valley.


Entrance to the property










There was even a pool, but a little to cold for me.


Claude, a wonderful host, and he spoke good English.


Our bathroom. No doors, just a curtain to pull for privacy.


Our bed on a platform. There is a small staircase on the left that went up into a loft where there was another bed.


The room where we had breakfast.


Mom and Jacque sitting down to eat.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Very nice blog you people have here!

Sara is crazy four my boys said...

Hi Grace,
I'm glad you were able to go on such a great trip with your family! I can't believe how beautiful your B&B was! I'm jealous, hopefully someday I'll get to visit France!
Sara

strong said...

Wow! The bed and breakfast was so beautiful. I'm glad you got to go have such a fun time. Fill me in on the details when you get a chance.

Adriann said...

What is the deal with your room?? Weird. The rest of the place looks really cool though. What were the people at breakfast like?