BLOGS

THE LATEST ADVENTURE IS....

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Fontevraud Abbey

Jacque wanted to go to this Abbey, and I very reluctantly went along - what could be exciting about an Abbey? Well - it quickly became one of my favorite spots. It was incredibly tranquil and peaceful and beautiful all at the same time. The big tourist draw is that King Richard the Lionheart is buried there along with his parents and sister. Did you know that King Richard was French? I didn't!! The last photo is a summary of why Richard is buried there - I hope you can read it. We also scored at their gift shop. I bought the boys each a bow and arrow and my mom bought my dad a cross bow. I bought the girls a queen and a princess figurine to go with the boys knight figurines. I figured the boys could protect the girls!



No comments: