BLOGS

THE LATEST ADVENTURE IS....

Saturday, August 20, 2011

First Day of School

First Day of School for us was actually 3 weeks ago.  The three oldest started on August 1st and Tess started this past Tuesday on August 16th.  Unfortunately for my kids but fortunately for me they had a very short summer, only 6 weeks long.  Thats just the way it is, sometimes you get the short end of the stick.  Maybe the next time we move they'll have a really long summer.  Anyway, to the pictures.

I try to not emabaress my teenager, so I took pictures from a distance with the zoom so he wouldn't be mortified.  Tyson is now a big 8th grader, HOLY COW!!


I had to take a picture of him getting on the bus because my kids have never riden a bus to school before.  So far they still like it.  I hope it lasts the whole year!!

Next up were Emma and Zach.  They were nice and let me get their picture up close!!  They aren't embarressed of their mom yet.  Zach is a big 6th grader and Emma is in 4th. 

The Fort Knox schools are organized rather oddly to me.  Pre-K thru 3rd grade is at the Elementary School.  4-6th grade is at the Intermediate School.  7 and 8th grade are at the Middle School and then 9-12 is at the High School.  So this year I have kids at 3 different schools.  Next year I'll have all 4 schools.  I am soooo glad they ride the bus.  Oh and the bus stop is just right next door, HOORAY!

Tess was very anxious for her first day of school.  She got bored very quickly when her siblings left her all alone all day.  The only kink was that Tess has afternoon preschool so all morning long it was "Is it time for school yet?"  It drove me crazy very quickly, but I tried to be patient because I knew she didn't understand.
Isn't she just so cute!!  I took some pictures of her at school with my iPhone that I put on facebook.  It was a little chaotic at the school that first morning.  Tess also rides the bus but on the first day I drove her.  Now she rides the bus to and from school with her sweet bus driver and monitor to sit with all the little ones and keep them safe (they have a seperate bus for just the preschoolers and the kindergardners).  They say that she sings the whole way to school and home.  Apparantly the current favorite is The Wheels On The Bus.  Appropriate I think, don't you?

No comments: