BLOGS

THE LATEST ADVENTURE IS....

Friday, August 5, 2011

Exploring Kentucky

Every place we move we try to explore our area and find all the cool places to go.  So I've been asking everyone I talk to where we should go and what we should do.  With the current heat wave we wanted to avoid most things outdoors, but the caves are nice and cool so we checked them out.

Who knew that Kentucky had so many awesome caves?  We went down to Mammoth Caves State Park when my mom came to visit.  They have lots of tours but they filled up, so we took the self guided short tour.  It was nice and cool and the kids thought it was really neat.  They were hoping to see some bats, but thankfully we didn't.

 Walking down to the cave entrance.  It was steaming hot out!!



 I kept trying to take pictures and the flash kept blinding everyone!  I thought it was kind of funny but it was driving everyone else crazy (hee hee hee!)

 With my mom with us we got to take a family photo.  Unfortunately I didn't realize how see through my blouse was!!


 Zach holding up the cave walls.  What a strong boy!

2 comments:

Theresa Walker said...

Great photos...looks like fun.

Adriann said...

Cool pics, your shirt isn't see through at all.