BLOGS

THE LATEST ADVENTURE IS....

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Looser as a mother

Do you ever feel like a total looser as a mother?  I feel like a total looser as a mother this week.

Why?

Well, since I don't mind making myself look bad, I'll tell you. 

Some days are just crazy, you know the days.  When everybody has something happening after school and you don't know how you're going to fit it all in.  Tuesday was like that for us. So the only way that I could make everything work was to bribe Zach into thinking it was a good thing to miss his Taekwondo class.  He was thrilled but I felt bad that I couldn't pull it all off.

Then today.  (Side note, tomorrow is my bday but I am leaving in the afternoon to run away to Utah for the weekend so we were having my birthday dinner and cake tonight)  This afternoon was pretty calm, and I actually fell asleep watching a movie with Tess.  Well, then I wake up at 5:30.  Noone has their homework done, Zach was suppose to be at scouts at 6 and I still hadn't picked up the pizza for dinner (pizza is my favorite).  So then everything got crazy, we didn't eat til 6:30 and Zach missed scouts. Oh, and it was Tyson's back to school night from 6-8 where I was suppose to go and meet all of his teachers!  Yeah, didn't happen either.

MY BAD!  So tonight I totally messed up, but mostly because I just wanted a nice night to enjoy my birthday and have some cake (that was super yummy and I didn't have to make - THANKS MOM!).

Maybe tomorrow I won't be a looser or let my kids down, yet again.

3 comments:

roxanne said...

Grace, you are totally not a loser! At the beginning of the post I was bracing myself for something truly horrible. So your kids missed a couple activities. So what?! It happens. In the grand scheme of things, they won't even remember. In fact, I'm pretty sure that within a couple of weeks they will have completely forgotten about it. And it sounds like you needed that nap. Plus, hello, it's your birthday!! That trumps everything in my book. Happy birthday, and have a fabulous time in Utah! I wish you were running away to NY.

Adriann said...

Days like that happen! I just had one yesterday and I only have one kid. You're doing great. One missed scouts or taekwondo is not gonna hurt anybody. You're good.

Theresa Walker said...

I don't think you're a loser at all. Your kids are lucky you have them in so many activities. Hope you had a wonderful birthday!