BLOGS

THE LATEST ADVENTURE IS....

Sunday, August 22, 2010

Vaughan Family EXTRAVAGANZA

We weren't aloud to call our reunion a reunion.  It had to be called an EXTRAVAGANZA!  And it was!  My amazing brother Macc flawlessly organized our activites and we had a great time!
The water was suprisingly warm the day we went to the beach.  Even the moms were willing to get in!
The boys spent the whole time in the water.  They love the beach!
Emma actually let the boogie board get in the water a little.
Uncle Shane  brought a kite to the beach.  It was a huge hit!

Tess loved it!  And I love her smile!

We brought kyaks to the beach with us.  My dad and I took them out and it was so much fun!  It is so peaceful out on the water.  I did keep a sharp eye out for sharks, but we made it back safe and sound.

The cousins burried themselves in the sand

The girl cousins were so cute together.  The 3 in princess dress up even called each other by their princess names.  They got along so great and it was adorable watching them together.

And we collapsed at the end of every day!

My mom and sister put together an AMAZING, Amazing Race for us.  We split up into 3 teams and we had tons of challenges and pit stops.  We had to organize everyones birthdays by their baby picture, race between trees, shoot baskets, buy something at a dollar store, eat cold mac'n cheese, go to the Wild Animal Park and have this picture taken, dive for marked poker chips in the pool and then race to the end.  The best of all was MY TEAM WON!!! 

Of course we did other awesome things.  We spent a day at the lake having fun on the boat.  We had a Wii tournament that came down to the boy cousins of course, Zach won!  We played baseball at the park, ate In-n-Out twice, had a movie night outside (Darby O'Gill and the Little People), and did a service project of care packages for soldiers in Afghanistan.

I love my family so much and I'm very greatful that we had such a wonderful week.

1 comment:

Marla said...

Grace, I'm so happy that you spent time with your family, doing way fun things!!! Second, I love IN-OUT, its the best!!! I've never known about well, then I moved to California! Yum!!