BLOGS

THE LATEST ADVENTURE IS....

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

14, but really 10

Today is Ron and my 14th Wedding Anniversary.
I can't believe we've been married that long.  But then I got to thinking about it. If I deduct all of his deployments and training, we've really only lived together for about 10 years.  I tease him that I can't believe I still love him after all this time.  Maybe the separations really do make the heart grow fonder.  I certainly do appreciate everything he does for us while he is home.

I mentioned to Tyson yesterday that today was going to be our anniversary.  I asked him to guess how many years we've been married.  (Quick explanation, this is the son that just turned 12).  He looked at me and said without hesitation "10 years."  I said, "Tyson think about that and think about how old you are.  We were married before you were born."  Then he guessed the correct number.
I realize that MANY couples get married after they have a baby - but not me.

So honey, I want you to know how much I love you and miss you.  You are my rock; without you everything would fall to pieces.  Thank you for your sacrifice for our family and for our country.  Stay safe, and come home to me soon.

Love always and forever,
me

2 comments:

Aunt Kathi said...

Congrats - hopefully when he gets home you can find some one-on-one time to celebrate. Of course, you'll be celebrating his birthday, too, but you deserve anniversary time! We just celebrated 40 and your parents 38. What? I can't possibly be that old. My mind says I'm about 35! My how time does fly when you're havin' fun!

Theresa Walker said...

Happy Anniversary you guys!