BLOGS

THE LATEST ADVENTURE IS....

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Eventful weekend



We had an very eventful weekend, and a big milestone as well. Ron's dad Norm flew out from Utah to visit for the weekend. We invited him out so that he could ordain Ron to the office of a High Priest in our church. Why would Ron need to be ordained to a High Priest, you may ask? Well, because Ron is the new 2nd Counselor in the Bishopric of the Watertown Ward. Now some of you may be saying, but he just got back? EXACTLY MY THOUGHTS!!! But there is a little story to go along with this new calling for Ron.

Let me take you back to the early summer. Some of you may recall how I struggle with Sundays, mostly dealing with my children during church. I was eagerly awaiting Ron's return and his help with this continuous problem. Well, sometime in the early summer I started to get little thoughts pop into my head that Ron might not be able to sit with me and the kids when he got back. Well, these thoughts would not go away, no matter how much I wished it. So at our church 4th of July activity I accosted the Bishop and told him about these thoughts I was having. He hemmed and hawed for a minute and then his wife told me that, yes my thoughts were indeed correct, and the Bishop wanted Ron to be one of his counselors when he got home. He did promise me at least 1 month after his return before he gave him the calling. So I had months of warning - and I needed it. I kept telling Ron that the calling was coming and he didn't believe me. I slowly convinced him, so we both were not surprised when the Stake President came up to us at Stake Conference and asked to speak to us.

Now come back to present day. It was wonderful to have Norm here to ordain Ron and his blessing was very special. The kids loved having him visit, they miss their grandparents so much. So now Sundays are pretty much what they were when Ron was gone. I get the kids ready, by myself. I sit with the kids, by myself. Although we did move to another part of the chapel so that Ron could give the kids the "evil eye" if they were being bad. I come home from church, by myself. And I get to deal with the crazy insanity of kids that have been too still for too long, all by myself. I'll stop complaining because I know our family will be blessed and I know without a doubt that Ron will do a wonderful job in his new calling.

Here's to another adventure!!

4 comments:

Okie Bloxhams said...

Wow Grace-you can't score a break!!! you will do great as you always have. Congrats to Ron too-he will be great. my mom had 6 kids ages 5 and under and was called to be RS pres. at age 26 and my Dad was 2nd councelor. it could be worse!!haha.;o)

Pattersons said...

yay grace & ron!-more blessings right!?:) you'll both be fine i'm sure-but i do agree with changing seats so ron's in position to give the evil eye when necessary:) happy times guys!

Jon and Tamara said...

And with all that you still had Jon over for dinner. :-) Thank you! I hope your time together will be expanded and I know you will be blessed. How neat that Ron's dad could come out to set him apart.

Shay said...

Stay strong, you do a great job! Just when you think you are about to get a break, Hevenly Father gives you another chance to practice patience and understanding. Congrat's to Ron.