BLOGS

THE LATEST ADVENTURE IS....

Sunday, August 31, 2008

Okay, so I still hate Sundays

Help!

What do I need to do so I don't hate Sundays? We have a great church time 10am, so I can't complain about that. But I hate dealing with my kids during Sacrament, they are awful. Tyson is so bored that he is picking trash off the floor to play with, Zach falls asleep on the end of the pue for everyone to see, Emma can't sit like a lady to save her life and is very loud, and refuses to fold her arms and sit still, and last of all Tess who has no concept of how to be quiet and has definately entered the terrible 2s and doesn't want to stay still either. Then I loose kids trying to get everyone to Primary and nursery, which makes me late to teach my class - Gospel Principles. Aghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Then we come home and I'm too tired and cranky to keep the kids from grazing all afternoon - leaving crumbs in their wake, and by 5 o'clock I let them watch whatever they want on t.v. because I have nothing else for them to do. I try to get a nap, but if I sleep the kids reak havock on the house which just makes me crankier. The time just seems to slow down as I wait impatiently for bed time.

Please, this is a shout out to anyone who has good keep me sane on Sunday suggestions! And no suggestion will be ignored!

6 comments:

~j. said...

There are (Sun)days when I realize that the ONLY thing I've gotten out of the hassle of going to church is this: we went because I'm teaching my kids that that's where you go on Sundays.

Hang in there.

Adriann said...

What if you do something like give each kid a special assignment to do on Sunday. Like Emma can be in charge of making sure every peice of trash gets put in the trash can (that way she gets to boss people around). And Zach can be in charge of making sure everyone gets one snack but not more than that. And Tyson can be your cruise director and come up with one fun thing to do with everyone. I don't know, its a thought.

Adriann said...

Oh, and during Sacrament meeting, what if you ask Cassie to sit with you?

Pattersons said...

grace, you need to find an old lady who wants to help you on sundays. when my dad was bishop, sis. cross would sit behind us and pull our hair if we started to get too crazy. pick a game that the kids can play, that's only allowed on sundays. also, make a special meal and treat that'll only be made on sundays, that everyone must help with, in order to have it. also, for kids who can't sit still during sacrament, line them up after church in chairs and make them sit quietly for 10-15 mins. while you watch them-call it church practice. or you can do what your dad did and make them weed the vinca! good luck.

Purcell's Party said...

You need some help, girl! Don't you know anyone who can sit with you and be in charge of some of them? Assign the helper two kids so that you can tackle the other two when going to drop off for classes. Until your hubby gets home, you need help. We have a terrible two's also, and we go to church for the consistency, not so much for meaning right now. Get the older ones an activity book and sticker books work great for our 2 year old. Good luck, wish I could help more..hang in there!

Unknown said...

Advice is easy to give...I would do anything to have all of my children sit with me in Sacrament meeting, no matter how they acted...Sitting alone stinks...Oh yes, I hear the speakers, but I miss the love. And as for home...I have plenty of time for naps, my computer, and genealogy...but what I'd love is one of Emma's hugs. Count your blessing, one day, very soon they will be up and away. Love you, and miss you.