BLOGS

THE LATEST ADVENTURE IS....

Sunday, November 13, 2011

Halloween 2011

Halloween in Kentucky is awesome because it was perfect Fall weather, 60 degrees and all the beautiful fall colors on the trees.  Unfortunately I was pretty lax with the costumes this year.  Nobody could decide on what they wanted to be, except Zach he wanted to be a ninja.  Tessa wanted to be a fairy princess or a fairy mermaid, and we had everything for that.  So I basically didn't worry about it at all.  Until the day of the Trunk-or-Treat when Tyson and Emma informed me they wanted to be ninjas too.  So back to the PX I went and luckily they still had ninja costumes.  They didn't have one big enough for Tyson, so he had to wear Ron's PT pants because the other ones were WAY too short.  So Tyson and Zach were Ninja Masters and Emma was their apprentice.
 I strongly encouraged Tessa to be a fairy mermaid because her princess costumes are in pretty bad shape.  Thanfully it wasn't much of a fight.  She is my best poser when it comes to taking pictures!!  She is sitting next to her pumpkins.

My Ninja crew.  What is a group of ninja's called anyway?

The time honored tradition of trading candy after the Trunk or Treat.

 Pumpkin carving.  It was really hard to find pumpkins here - no pumpkin patch!!   I couldn't believe it!!  WalMart was almost the only option for pumpkins - so sad!!  We found 2 pathetic ones at a church - the boys didn't want to do pumpkins this year.

Emma's pumpkin was hard as a rock.  Ron almost had to bust out the power tools just to carve it (of course he liked that idea), but Emma was pretty bummed that she couldn't carve her own pumpkin - can you tell?

I love our trees, they turned a beautiful shade of yellow.

What a crazy group I have.

No comments: