BLOGS

THE LATEST ADVENTURE IS....

Monday, March 22, 2010

It Begins

It has officially begun, the deployment.  The kids and I are currently on the road.  Tonight we are in a hotel in Santa Rosa, NM.  We left last Thursday and are taking our sweet time making it out to San Diego.  We spent a night at my brothers in Ohio.  Then spent a day at our wonderful friends parents home (Thank you Stoddards!).  Then on Saturday we drove to Kansas and stayed with the Pettys. They are the most fantastic friends in the whole world and I love them so much.  We had a fantastic time with them.  They wanted us to stay longer, but we need to keep moving.  So today the kids and I made it to New Mexico.  Tomorrrow we head south to Safford, Az to see more awesome friends, the Hargis'.  And then Thursday is the last stretch to the new homestead.  The kids are doing awesome, and so am I.  I am enjoying seeing the ENTIRE continental United States, its all brown right now, and lots of farm country.  I am trying hard to make this trip a fun adventure for the kids and I think is working.

Ron had to work super hard to finish fixing the house and move everything out.  Apparantly he only slept for 6 hours from Thursday to Sunday (I feel really bad about that).  And a HUGE HUGE HUGE thank you to all the friends that came to help him on Saturday.  He really needed it and he couldn't have finished without you.  Then on Sunday he flew out and headed for Afghanistan.  He even called me on Sunday night when he landed in Germany.  He was thrilled because he got to sit in Business class all the way there.  So the 365 day countdown has begun, only 364 more to go.  I hope it goes fast.  And another ENORMOUS thank you to my dad who flew out to New York so he could drive the truck and our Uhaul trailer with all our stuff to California for us.  He even volunteered to take our dog with him - what a guy!!  I absolutely love my dad and I'm so greatful for all he does for me.  He made the trip in 3 1/2 days - amazing!!  And now my mom, dad, and our friends the Marlers and Campbells are unloading all my stuff for me.  There are so many amazing people that love me and are helping me and I can't say THANK YOU enough.

I promise I have pictures to show, and more details of our adventures to share.  But right now, I need to go to sleep.  I'll post more when we finally get to California.

3 comments:

Jenna said...

I'm so glad you are doing well and the kiddos too, it's great you've been able to see so many friends along the way, that keeps the trip fun! We are so excited to see you guys next weekend in CA! You are a trooper, Grace, I would fly with all the kids in a heartbeat, but driving cross-country, that takes real courage my dear! You have been and are in our prayers!

Purcell's Party said...

I'll be out there next Monday...You are amazing and I'd like to get together since you'll be here now!!

Pattersons said...

you're AWESOME! kudos to you for making this trek with the kids cross country-i'm with jenna...plane tickets please!:) glad you're all having a good time and we can't wait to see you in cali!!!