BLOGS

THE LATEST ADVENTURE IS....

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Great Day

This is starting out to be a great day!!  I am feeling a lot better, which makes me very happy.  And, I have chocolate chip bannana bread in the oven, which smells fantastic!!  And we are finally getting a good snow storm, with the big fluffy flakes and everything!  Oh, it makes me so happy to just watch the snow fall.  I am going to miss the weather here terribly, it makes me sad to even think about it.  Oh, and Tess hasn't had an accident yet today - yippie!!  She had 5 accidents yesterday, so any success is worth celebrating.  Most importantly I am trying to find joy in my journey and cherish the small things in my daily life - like fresh banana bread and beautiful snow.

I did have to eat some "humble pie" as my sister put it.  I knew admiting my depression problems would have some back lash, but I didn't expect this back lash.  My parents read the blog and got worried about me.  I dont know why having my parents know I'm having a hard time is so much worse than my friends knowing, but it is.  So they offered to have my mom fly out and help me with all my projects.  I would love help, but asking for help is very difficult for me - very difficult.  I told my dad how bad I felt that my mom would have to fly across the country to help their pathetic daughter.  In typical dad fashion he told me to get over it.  And I do need to get over it.  I have a fantastic family that just wants to help me and I need to accept their help.  So my fantastic sister Jacque is coming next weekend, and now my mom might come out too.  So I am very grateful for my family and their willingness to help me.

It is a good day.  And now that I think about it, pizza for dinner would make it even better!!!

2 comments:

Pattersons said...

You should lean on family, I make my sisters in law Nia and Carrie watch my kids, i used to drink all shawns soda and when i buy dinner i bring hot dogs when he buys i demand steak.Make sure when Jaque comes you pat her down for a weapon or a watch with a saw, or socks that explode, other spy stuff. We love you , Mason & Melina

Jenna said...

Grace...I am so glad to hear you are feeling better, I was also pretty worried dearie!

Ummmmmm...snowflakes falling and fresh banana chocolate chip bread baking sounds superbly wonderful, I can almost smell it!

Do not feel bad for this difficult time you are going through. Moving, in and of itself, is very difficult and on top of that you are potty-training, getting your house on the market, and preparing to send Ron off...all of which are highly stressful and emotional events. Not to mention your regular everyday life as a wife and mother of four...none of which can just be placed on hold, I totally get where you are at and I know you will make it through! This is tough stuff and so dear Grace if help is offered, take it, we all love you and want you to be/feel happy. I so wish Andy or I or both could just come and lend our hands...I'm working on him as we speak, or as I type this, no matter! Here's to many. many great days ahead!