BLOGS

THE LATEST ADVENTURE IS....

Friday, January 2, 2009

Goodbye Jacque!! Safe travels!

I just got back from a very quick trip to D.C. (there and back in 36 hours). I went to help my WONDERFUL, FABULOUS, and BRILLIANT sister Jacque pack up her apartment and spend some last minute time with her before she leaves. Leaves for where you might ask? Well, Jacque gets the grand opportunity to live overseas for her job for 6 months - lucky, I know. So while she is gone she moved out of her very (and I mean very) small apartment and put everything in storage to save money on rent and get a bigger place when she comes back. It was a wonderful trip because I got to spend some quality, uninterrupted time with my sister (no children in sight!!), and I got to scare the heck out of her because she didn't know I was coming (man I wish I had a camera to capture her facial expression when I showed up!!). So a quick thank you to Jenna for spilling the beans that Jacque needed help and for coming up from Norfolk to help, and a HUGE thank you to my husband for supporting me in my quick trip and watching the kids. And to my sweet sister Jacque, I love you, stay safe, and always think of me when you watch "Mama Mia"!!
(this is an old picture of Jacque but it's one of my favorites of her)

3 comments:

Pattersons said...

what a sister! so glad you got to spend time with jacque before she left. happy trails jacque!

Anonymous said...

Does Jaques new assignment include coctail dresses and a thigh gun holster?

Adriann said...

I never did hear the story about when and how you showed up and surprised her.