BLOGS

THE LATEST ADVENTURE IS....

Friday, December 16, 2011

THANKSGIVING

This Thanksgiving we spent alone with just our little family.  I was pretty sad that we couldn't be with any extended family, but Ron kept reminding me that WE were a family and it was okay to be alone. 

I just have such fond memories of spending every Thanksgiving and Christmas dinner with Aunts, Uncles, Cousins and grandparents.  It just isn't the same without them (love you guys - you know who you are!)  I want my kids to have those same wonderful memories - but the Army life makes that a little more difficult.

Anywhoo.....  I figured if we were going to do it, we would do it right.  So I went all out - a huge Turkey and all the extras. Yummy appetizers,dinner,and deserts.  We decorated the table, got out the fancy dishes, and even drank sparkling cider (that was the kids favorite - they kept toasting eachother).  It would have been perfect if my children would have actually eaten what I made.  Now, I didn't make anything I didn't think they would like, in fact it was all normal food.  Almost all of them had a small piece of turkey, a roll, and some corn; for desert they didn't want any of my two gorgeous pies, just ice cream.  Woohoo?  So we had tons of left overs and I spent two days in the kitchen for nothing.  Oh well.  So I learned my lesson, and now for Christmas dinner I am taking suggestions and making everyone's favorite foods, so maybe this time they'll eat what I make!

2 comments:

dhanush,ashwindas,soorya said...

Love cricket?
Follow:
www.crichelp.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Your family is beautiful and you are good father.congratulation