BLOGS

THE LATEST ADVENTURE IS....

Saturday, November 13, 2010

New Beds!

The girls have been sharing a full size bed for a few years now.  It started becoming a bit of an issue (that's a bit of an understatement).  So when Ron was here, I recruited him to help me find the girls new bunk beds.  We finally found some that fit out requirments: they needed to look similar when they seperated into individual beds,they needed to be REALLY sturdy, and there needed to be enough head room on the bottom bunk.  We had the beds delivered when Emma was at school and suprised her with them.  She was THRILLED! She has been telling everyone she sees about her new bed.  I love them!  And for now I let the girls pick their own bedding, Tess is princess of course, and Emma is purple and green with flowers.  Lots of fun!  Oh, and it came with a trundle bed, which we are currently using for storage!  Love it!



Their room is pretty small, so its hard to get a good shot of the headboards and footboards, but they are really pretty.  I'm thrilled with what we picked and I'm even more thrilled that the fights at bedtime have stopped!

P.S.  a side effect I wasn't expecting is Tess misses sleeping next to someone so now I have become her someone, usually around 5:30am!

2 comments:

roxanne said...

Gorgeous! Where did you get them?

We finally upgraded Madeline to the twin bed you gave us. She loves it, but I am worrying about her falling off because we have a boxspring and mattress, so it is super tall. The bedding she picked is purple and pink polka dots. So fun.

Pattersons said...

super cute! please tell me where you got them...we have 3 girls in a small room and those bunk beds with a trundle would be perfect for my 3! so glad your girls are enjoying their new beds:)