BLOGS

THE LATEST ADVENTURE IS....

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

I have no words..

So the latest drama at our house has been getting the house ready to put on the market.  That goal was acheived last week - Saturday being the official day that the house went on the MLS.  Since then we have had 4 showings,  2 on Monday, and 2 yesterday.  That resulted in 2, second showings.  Both people said they loved the house, and one said they were writing up an offer.  But this morning, I heard from my realtor saying that they decided to try for another house first and if they don't get that one, then they'll put an offer on ours.  TOTAL DOWNER!!!  I have been on such a stress roller coaster. Stressing and working to get it ready for showings, keeping it clean this week while the kids are home for a week off of school (AGHHHHHHHH), getting excited that we were getting an offer, and then nothing.  So guess what I did to cope - laid in bed and watched t.v., and then made cookies that became our dinner.  Go me!!!!

6 comments:

Sara is crazy four my boys said...

Selling a house is sooo stress full, full of ups and downs and unfortunately you don't have much control over any of it other then keeping it clean. Don't worry-it will sell-the right people will come along. I wouldn't mind cookies for dinner and neither would my kids:) What kind did you make?

Jackie B. said...

darn. hope you get some offers soon!

Marla said...

Oh Grace, the feeling you are feeling are still raw to me...I know how hard it can be. I put half of the boy's toys away so I didn't have to always pick up toys, we also used paper plates so I didn't have to do dishes. There's more short cuts so it makes it easier to show your house on the fly. Don't worry about your house selling its cute and super family friendly-it will take some time be prepared for it all because it will happen. Hang in there. Lots of hugs!! This too shall pass. :0)

Adriann said...

Cookies for dinner is awesome! Maybe I should do that today ...
Two tricks I just thought of for you when you have a showing and a dirty house: hide dirty dishes in the oven, and hide toys under couches and beds. Just make sure to take the dishes out before using the oven. Made that mistake once ...

Pattersons said...

i would so win mom of the year award if i made cookies for dinner!:)

Theresa Walker said...

I can attest to the stressfulness of keeping a house clean for showings. That is crazy but something will come up! Good luck!